Please read carefully our rental information before scrolling down to fill out the Reservation Form at the end of the page. Please identify if you are requesting our 2nd floor or 3rd floor shared space with Studio4. Our Facility Director will respond within 48 hours. Your deposit is due upon receipt of a signed Space Rental Agreement.
CREATING COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
Whether you are hosting a small meeting, photoshoot, milestone celebration or a fitness class, TLW offers access to two open-space studios that are the perfect place to host events for 60 to 300 people.
- Our 2nd Floor Studio, which operates as an open co-working hub for thought leaders, healers, and creatives from 8 AM to 5 PM from Monday through Friday, features an open and flexible design that can be transformed to meet your needs.
- Studio4, our 3rd Floor Studio, is offered in partnership with Baltimore Studios and includes complimentary TLW staff member support and free marketing services and advertising via TLW’s platform and marquee.
TLW is owned and operated by a collective of African American Change Makers who are committed to social upliftment and economic empowerment. We want to cater to your needs. You can identify your own caterer, DJ or photographer, or we will recommend one for you.
Photography: Our house photographers can provide your event with amazing memories that can also be used for marketing and branding. Please request if needed. If you have your own photographer, we are happy to share multimedia from your event with our platform of followers. It’s a great way to market post event!
Creative Collisions: Because we share space with healers, educators, social entrepreneurs and creatives, you will enjoy organic opportunities to share ideas, create partnerships, and cultivate collaborations that will support the development of your business brand.
When the Streets Talk: We have a solid track record of engaging the community. We are more than a building; we are a movement. When you hold space with us, you are holding space with other.
2nd Floor Studio
Ideal for events planned for up to 65 guests.
950 square feet
Industrial New York style loft
Ideal for events planned for up to 300 guests.
6,000 square feet
Industrial New York style loft
RENTAL AGREEMENT OVERVIEW
What’s required with each space rental?
- Application and Deposit. We rent our studio space on a first-come, first-served basis.
A 50% deposit of your total rental is due to reserve the space. Use this guide to complete the space rental agreement application process.
- Event Liability Insurance. All renters must have liability coverage and provide class participants with liability waiver forms. TLW does not offer liability insurance/coverage.
- TLW’s parent company, Iona Concepts, must be named as an additional insurer on all liability policies. Visit theeventhelper.com for a quote.
- Event Marketing. Hosts are responsible for self-marketing. TLW logo must be included on all marketing materials. (Access a copy here or by emailing email@example.com.)
- Rentals that are booked for public events must use a JPEG version of our logo on marketing materials (un-amended). We request a final approval of designs before flyers are reproduced and distributed. Flyer designs scaled for 11×17 can be produced into a poster for display in our front window. Flyers should be submitted 30 days prior to event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Respect for the Community. Trash and food debris must be removed, and the floor should be broom swept. Patrons loitering out front with open containers will forfeit their security deposit. Music must be kept to a level that does not create a disruption of peace for our neighbors. Music/ bass volume must be turned down at 12:00 am.
What’s included with each space rental?
- 30 Minutes of Set-up and Clean-Up Time. TLW provides (free) 30 minutes before and after the event to complete the set-up and clean-up process.
- Furniture. Tables and chairs are included in rental prices and will be set-up upon arrival with prior set-up requirements.
- 60 assorted chairs (35 black hard back)
- 1 glass desk
- Four 6 ft rectangle tables + One 9 ft rectangle table
- You can rent 48-inch round tables at an additional cost of $10 per table plus tax.
- Food Service Options. We have a kitchenette for limited storage and food prep. We request that food be ready to go. TLW strongly encourages renters to use caterers who are licensed and practice sanitary methods for food preparation, storage, and delivery.
- You can NEVER sell alcohol; however, you can serve it. Renters can obtain a temporary liquor license by contacting the Baltimore City Liquor License Board. Renters must ensure patrons are over the age of 18. If this policy is not adhered to TLW or Baltimore Studios staff will end your event immediately.
COST AND PAYMENT OVERVIEW
Facility fee: $150
Refundable Security deposit: $50
A 50% deposit of your total rental is due to reserve the space. Your total deposit will be determined based on the purpose of your rental; the space requested; and the total of your hourly rate, facility fee, and security deposit. The remaining balance is due 48 hours before the event. Find cost information associated with our space rental portfolio below.
2nd Floor Studio Hourly Rates
8 AM to 5 PM (Monday – Friday) Available for Co-Working & Private Client/Group Meetings Only
- Individual co-working hosts can book at a rate of $20 for up to 4 hours or $7 per hour.
- Private Client/Group Meetings hosts can book at a rate of $20 per hour for inclusive bookings. Costs include audiovisual support, flip charts, markers, water, Wi-fi and break-out space for up to 15 people. A projector can also be requested for a nominal fee.
After 6 PM (Monday – Sunday) Available for Private Event Rentals/No Co-Working
- Individuals and group hosts can book at a rate of $100 per hour. Hosts who are interested in using the 2nd Floor Studio’s hallway gallery and lobby can do so at an increased rate of $125 per hour.
Studio4 Hourly Rate
8 AM to 12 AM (Monday – Sunday) Available for Private Event Rentals/No Co-Working
- Individuals and group hosts can book at a rate of Studio4:
- Facility Fee Required for ALL Event Rentals/Not Co-Working
This required $150 flat fee allows us to ensure both studio spaces remain safe, creative, and clean for all community members to use and rent. It includes tables and shares for our 2nd floor studio only. Studio4 requires rental of tables and chairs.
Security Deposit Not Required for Co-Working Rentals
This required $50 refundable deposit is refunded based on inspection of the facility post-event and will be returned within 7 days after your rental.
Staff Support Complimentary with Studio4 Rentals.
We offer staff support to help with setting up and breaking down each event at a rate of $15 per hour. These services are provided only by request.
Cancellations must be requested in writing 3 weeks prior to the event to receive an
80% refund of the deposit. Deposits are forfeited if cancellation is made less than
15 calendar days before the date identified in this Space Rental Agreement.
A 50% deposit of your total rental is due to reserve the space. Your total deposit will be determined based on the purpose of your rental; the space requested; and the total of your hourly rate, facility fee, and security deposit. The remaining balance is due 48 hours before the event.
- Co-working $20 for up to 4 hours or $7 per hour
- Private Client/Group Meetings for up to 15 people $20 per hour
- 2nd Floor Studio Private and Public Events $100 per hour
- Studio 4 Private and Public Events $1500.00 plus $15 per hour for staff support
Facility Fee Required for ALL Event Rentals/Not Co-Working $150 (flat fee)
Security Deposit Not Required for Studio4 Rentals or Co-Working Rentals $50 (refundable)
Staff Support Complimentary with Studio4 Rentals $15 per hour (by request)
Use one of the following payments types to reserve your space today.
Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express
SUBMIT YOUR RESERVATION FORM BELOW.
Space Rental Agreement.
Make your Reservation Payment here: